Friday, July 1, 2011

Feelin' Like My Life is Finally Mine

Not only are we celebrating the Nation's independence this holiday weekend but this is sort of how I have felt all day long! I feel really happy!

I was thrilled as the clock neared 4 o'clock this afternoon and I raced around trying to wrap up the last bit of work so I could bolt out the doors on time to pick up Oriah and meet some friends for the start of holiday fun! I just couldn't help but feel that I finally had a normal life! For the first time in a long time I was going to enjoy the first of hopefully many long, holiday weekends with Oriah and family!

This evening we spent time with Fred & Sadie and their little girl Lily! We hadn't seen them in a long time. It was great catching up, getting some dinner, laughing and just the simple, normal things.

When we got home we went for a nice walk around the neighborhood enjoying the perfect weather outside. We saw neighbors and waved, and I felt so at peace looking at the evening's golden light shining through leafy trees as the sun set.

Oriah's healthy. The baby is healthy in as much as we can tell. I like my new job. I couldn't ask for anything more. Life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment