My thoughts on are two-fold on the current state of debt-reduction talks in Washington.1. I think Mr. Boehner has put himself in an untenable situation by coming out of the gate with an "all-or-nothing" position. I do not think he'll get his way of "no tax increases." Rather I believe he's placed himself in a position of eventually compromising (losing credibility) or forcing the country to default on its bills (making him the: Hands-down-single-biggest-scapegoat/bad guy/villain-in-the-history-of-the-entire-universe).
2. I'm not a Republican nor a Democrat; frankly I don't know what label I would best associate. But I do know that I want this whole "my government is unable to live within their means" issue fixed. Moreover, I could really do without all the drama, grandstanding and posturing. I hope you wise up Mr. Boehner and realize everyone - both rich and poor - will need to take their medicine to make this situation better.
No comments:
Post a Comment