Friday, June 18, 2010

Project Day

With Oriah gone for the weekend it's time to knock out some projects that have been piling up on the "to do" list. Today's el projecto grande was to finally put shelves in our catch-all room under the stairs for our food storage. For the bargain price of a Subway sandwich I subcontracted most of the work out to Taylor who accepted my invitation to come over and teach me what to do. It turned out that my thoughts on how to go about all this mayhem was pretty much what Taylor thought so that gave me a boost of macho confidence. He walked me through the first shelf and then we took a trip to Lowe's to get the rest of the materials needed. Our next stop was for the aforementioned tasty meal. Then, sadly, Taylor had to head back to his evil lair for baby-watching duty. He was kind enough, though, to leave his tools behind so I could continue putting up shelves. I got almost 3 more shelves put in before both his and my cordless drill batteries died. So, here's an "in progress" picture. Hopefully tomorrow I'll have the final product to show off!

No comments:

Post a Comment