Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Culinary Skills

This weekend Michael and I went up home again. This time we spent most of the time at my sister Niki's house. Niki loves holidays and decorating for them (or at least she is buying a lot of stuff to start decorating for them... she is reminding me of my Grandma Harding). Her first culinary project of the weekend was some jello. I didn't take a picture of the final project, but this is the idea (except the fruit was on the bottom then cool whip, then cubed jello then more cool whip):

Niki did a great job of making the jello, but then she wasn't exactly sure how to cut the jello in cubes so I took over. (Project 1 that Niki started and I finished) :) Now here is the second project:

Niki bought two star cake pans and wanted to make a double layer cake. I helped her make the cakes (yes I tried to get the cake out of the pan too early so the one on the right got messed up a little, my fault). After the cakes cooled I helped Niki frost them. She had the idea to do three stripes. Then I added the "USA" touch. Here is how it turned out:

Pretty good for my first try. Sunday when we ate this cake Niki had the idea to put sparklers in it. It was pretty fun, but left ashes on top of the cake. We brushed them off and ate it anyway. :)

I will say, even though I helped Niki finish these two cooking projects there was one other one... crepes! She made those all on her own and they were sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good! She is the Crepe Master!

No comments:

Post a Comment