For surprise date night I got tickets to the Ryan Shupe & The Rubber Band concert on BYU campus! They always put on a great show. So upbeat and positive and fun!
They started the show off with "Hey Hey Hey."
And then they played probably my favorite song of theirs: Even Superman. The song just sits in my vocal sweetspot and I love belting it out at the top of my lungs!
A few memorable events: During a break in between songs, the bass player stood at the microphone and said, “This is the awkward part of the evening where we will invite anyone who wants to propose to that special someone to come up. You have 60 seconds. Don’t worry, we’ll wait.” Sure enough, in true BYU fashion, some yahoo ran up to the stage with a girl in tow and proposed. The band had to remind him to kneel. Only at BYU.
Next, Ryan had his son – all of 2 years old – come up on the stage with the band with his little fiddle and play around on stage during one of the songs. Can’t say I’ve ever seen that before. The crowd went nuts. Talk about starting the kid off early for a rock’n’roll lifestyle!
This was Oriah’s first time going to one of their shows. She’s now been indoctrinated to the Corndog song.
I had a few moments during the concert reflecting back on my BYU days – mostly hanging with Taylor and starting our business and all those memories. Good times.
No comments:
Post a Comment