Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Hawaii :: Day 4

So the big picture reason for the trip...well there are a few: 1. Hello honeymoon! A year after the fact...but it's been fun looking forward to this trip for some time now. 2. A break from the snow and cold for sun and fun! And, 3. To share this part of the world and this aspect of my life with Oriah. I lived over here around the islands for 3 years and it's a great way to share my memories and this part of myself with her. Anyway, ...

The big anniversary! We slept in for a little bit since we didn't get home till nearly midnight from the magic show. We had leftover cheesecake for breakfast from dinner the night before and then headed down to the beach to take some pictures as well as walk around the hotel grounds.

We get to the sand and Oriah starts writing with her toes/feet a message in the sand and I thought, "What a great idea!" So, I jumped right in. I pictured this ridiculously big "Happy 1-year Anniversary" things visible from space in my mind and ended up with a not-so-legible "Happy 1yr" instead. Oriah's looked much better. Oh, well.

We walked down the beach for a bit and, out of curiosity, I wanted to check out the Marriott hotel that was next door. It may be a nice place but I was glad we were staying where we were. Time for lunch so we headed into town to grab something to eat as well as try to find something for dinner that wouldn't cost an arm and a leg. We finally stumbled upon a decent, local restaurant and then hit up the Safeway next door for some dinner items to take to the beach with us.

We got back to the hotel room and Oriah took a nap while I watched some bowl games that were on the TV - 'tis the season! When dinner time rolled around we headed back down to the restaurant by the beach where we ate the night before and ordered some virgin piña coladas to take to the beach and enjoy the sunset. It was a beautiful setting! After the sunset we headed back up to the room and ate our dinner on the balcony while a luau show was going on below us. It was a pretty relaxed day and I can't think of a better way to have spent our 1st anniversary!

No comments:

Post a Comment