
Michael and I went to our first HOA (Home Owners Association) Meeting last night. They had a vacancy on the Board that they needed to fill. Our home teacher is on the Board and told us a couple of months ago that they would be needing a new member in the future. We went to the meeting to see what it was all about. Michael, along with three others, "plead his case" on why he should be the next HOA Board Member . The meeting was interesting, it was nice to find out more about our community and what they are doing to better it. Well about an hour after the meeting Michael got a phone call asking him to fill the vacancy! Look at us all being neighborly and wanting to help out in the community.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
M-to-the-J-to-the-A, yo! It's true. You're reading the Willows of Springville's newest HOA Board member! Can I get a Mad Money BOOYAH!?!?! It's a voting position only for the moment but in a few months we might be able to slide into a "compensated" position which means no more monthly HOA dues!!!! Those dues are SO LAME! And Oriah and I could definitely handle saving +$100 each month! More IN-N-OUT for us!!!! Hahaha... So now a life-long journey of service has begun! Oriah and I were counseled that once married that we - up to that point - had been good at taking in our preparations prior to marriage and now with our powers combined we need to turn our efforts outward and start giving back. I feel like this is the first step in that direction. I'm excited to see where this path will take us.
In other news, I'm developing quite the reputation at work as a head hunter. Certain individuals think that I'm out to get them - fire them. Not too sure about being a "head hunter" but I can say that these individuals are not good at their current job and are not responsive to my suggestions to improve their performance so that means that they need my invitation to find another source of employment :) So, I'm glad to report that my insecurities surrounding my perceived weakness regarding holding people accountable has turned into a great strength! I'm really amazed at the turnaround in this aspect of my management and leadership skill set over the past 2-3 months. I really have no problem now letting someone know that they can't hack it but do so in a respectful manner. I've actually been complimented several times by my supervisors at my ability to respectfully and candidly handle those crucial conversations.
No comments:
Post a Comment