Thursday, May 27, 2010

Random Thursday

[M] I'm currently sitting at the dealership for a fix-it job from a botched oil change two weeks ago. Ever since I brought the truck home from the first visit ol' Michaelmus Prime has been leaking oil by the quart. I'm really hoping they try to charge me for something today because I'm hankering for a little confrontation :) I really can't stand the information gap I experience when I go to a dealership. I know very little about cars and repairs and since they know it all...well, I'm sure you've encountered the "Um, yeah, your CV axle is broken...that's gonna cost $600." Or, just now...some salesman started talking to this lady sitting at the table next to me showing her a mega, dirty air filter saying it would cost $59.99 to replace. She said she'd wait and as soon as the guy walked out of range I told her that she can buy that same filter at AutoZone or Wal-Mart for $10. How do these people sleep at night? What slugs! Yeah, like most folks I can't stand dealerships. But, then again, if it really bothered me that much you'd think I'd start boning up on my do-it-yourself car repairs to bridge the information gap or at least alleviate the high "take advantage of me" factor. Sigh...

On a side note, I've called in from work twice this shift (2-out-of-4 nights) because of the lovely sinus infection I developed last weekend. It's been a bitter-sweet experience. Bitter because I feel like I'm shirking my duties which is crazy for someone who finds almost any and every excuse to complain about how much he hates his job. Sweet because I've never slept better than the nights I should have worked and I've enjoyed every extra minute with Oriah and Alex. I've also engaged in some self-justification in that over the last 6 months I've never missed a work night so I'm ok with calling in sick here and there this week. Now I just wish every work week consisted only of 2 nights on! Again, sigh... Nevertheless, the job search continues and I know Wally World is only temporary. The Lord blessed me with employment when every avenue was shut down after graduation last year and I feel that I'll be moving on soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment