Friday, April 22, 2011

Paid Off

Today we pay Stella off! A 6-year loan cut in half. Oriah can share all of the goals and timing that make today special on her end. I remember paying off ol' Michaelmus Prime a year-and-a-half after I bought it. It's a nice feeling to free yourself from debt!

In other news, I interviewed for a promotion within the company yesterday. I did well and will likely be invited to the next round. If I were to receive the promotion it would most likely mean that I go back to night shift at the store which is a most unwelcome prospect. After picking Oriah up from work last evening, I laughed in dismay explaining to her that this was the first time I could recall where I had done well in an interview and was sad about it. I need to get out of Wal-Mart.

I purchased Ken Burns' "The Civil War" after realizing two weeks ago that I knew next to nothing about that part of our Nation's history. After Oriah and I assembled the crib in the guest bedroom last evening we watched Episode 3: "Forever Free." This was the episode that details how the Emancipation Proclamation came to pass. It was a moving story. I'm glad I made time to learn about this chapter of our country's past.

No comments:

Post a Comment