Friday, April 8, 2011

As The Voice Of A People Speaking From The Dust...

There was a segment on NPR the other morning about the United Nation's recent military actions in Ivory Coast. The segment featured a sound clip from UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon commenting on Ivory Coast's disputed President Laurent Gbagbo. Secretary Ban Ki-moon said, "Why 10 million people of Cote d'Ivoire should suffer from insistence and persistence of just one man who is sticking to power — it is not acceptable." As I listened to his comment I thought to myself...I've heard this somewhere before.

1 Nephi 4:13 in the Book of Mormon, actually. This moment served as another testimony to me of the truthfulness of the words contained in this book. During this time of wars and commotions spoken of in Luke there is peace to be found in the Holy Scriptures. I invite every one I know to read the Book of Mormon. The fullness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored through His Holy Prophets in this book. There is peace to be found within its pages. Of the Book of Mormon the Prophet Joseph Smith said: “I told the brethren that the Book of Mormon was the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book.”

2 Nephi 3:12 says, "Wherefore, the fruit of thy loins shall write; and the fruit of the loins of Judah shall write; and that which shall be written by the fruit of thy loins [the Book of Mormon], and also that which shall be written by the fruit of the loins of Judah [the Bible], shall grow together, unto the confounding of false doctrines and laying down of contentions, and establishing peace among the fruit of thy loins, and bringing them to the knowledge of their fathers in the latter days, and also to the knowledge of my covenants, saith the Lord."


Again, in the words of Luke: "And I say unto you, ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." I testify that the Book of Mormon is true.

No comments:

Post a Comment