Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Penny Pancakes

Sunday morning when we woke up I asked Michael if I could make Penny Pancakes for breakfast. He said, "Sure! Are those just small pancakes?" I told him they were not and that it was going to be a surprise.

Background: A favorite breakfast around our house when we were growing up was penny pancakes. Anytime my mom made pancakes for breakfast we would beg for her to make penny pancakes. A penny pancake is easy to make. All you do is make the pancake batter, then cut up a hot dog into small slices to make your "pennies." Pour the pancake batter on the griddle then add your "pennies" and cover them with batter. Now before you get all uppity and think this is nasty just think about a corn dog. It's essentially the same thing.

I was nervous to serve them to Michael because I know he has a very picky palate. Guess what?!? He liked them! Yay!!!! If you like corn dogs at all you really should try these. YUMMY!

No comments:

Post a Comment