This morning was the Utah County United Way Day of Caring. I went with my co-worker Suzanne. First we went to LaVell Edwards Stadium where the Provo Marriott sponsored a free breakfast. It was yummy. We also got our assignments of where we were to go to do service for the morning. We were assigned to the Nebo Learning Center in Springville. It was a lot of fun... different from last year. Last year we did yard work at a place in Provo, this year we cut out flashcards for phonics kits for kids K-2nd grade. We had a lot of fun. We sat at a table with women from Women in Philanthropies. At the end they asked us both to join their group. I don't have the kind of donation money it takes to become a member, but it did sound like it could be fun, finding ways to help women and children in the community. Maybe someday.It is really fun to serve in the community!
2 comments:
I'm sad I didn't see you this year! Thanks for coming!
I know! I was looking for you. We had a blast!
Post a Comment