Monday, February 8, 2010

The Surprise Master

Be it known to all who read this post that I, Michael, am good at surprising my wife! So, I got off work a little after 8a Friday morning but realized I needed to do some food shopping to make dinner for Oriah when she got done with work at 5p. She's been after me to make my Mother's spaghetti for a while now so I thought I'd meet her request for our surprise date night. I finished up with shopping and got home a little after 9a and went straight to bed.

I set my alarm for 2p but didn't hear the alarm until 2:30p...I was that tired. Got up, showered, ran to the store for one last ingredient I didn't see earlier and then started making "pasketti." Usually I text Oriah when I wake up but today I refrained to conceal my exact on-goings and I also took myself offline while I was on the computer so she wouldn't see that I was up. I texted her around 4:30p letting her know that I was "awake," which was true :) She left work a bit before 5p and things had timed up well.

She walked through the door and to her surprise......dinner was ready!!! Man, I got her good :) We ate and then I told her that we had places to be. Now, for some background, our first date was February 6th, 2009. That night I took her to campus and to the Planetarium, the Museum of Art and then to the Creamery on 9th. Fast forward to Friday night, as we drove up 7th East in Provo she asked me if I was taking her on our first date. "Yep!" I responded. And, she didn't see that coming either :) Man, I'm good. Real good!

We got to the Planetarium and they were showing the same show that they did a year ago. The only difference was that I fell asleep as soon as the lights went out. Oops :) Then we went to the MOA and they were closed, for some reason, unlike last year. And then we went to the Creamery where we did successfully have ice cream.

On the way home, we stopped by Walgreen's to pick up a Red Box movie. We got "The Soloist." Strange movie. I don't recommend it. And that was our surprise date night this month! Overall, I'd give myself a B+. I'd have gotten an A by staying awake during the Planetarium show :)

No comments:

Post a Comment