Friday, January 15, 2010

Remembering 2009

One of my very good friends posted this on her blog and I thought I'd give it a shot. I loved reading all of her answers so here it goes:

1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Rode a camel.

2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don't remember if I made any, and yes... I better get on that!

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Yes, I got a new niece in January and a new nephew in February!

4. Did anyone close to you die? No

5. What countries did you visit? Mongolia

6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A better sense of how to decorate a home. :)

7. What dates from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? Dec. 30th, it's the day I got married to my best friend!

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Completed, not just completed, but swam, biked and ran, an entire olympic triathlon! It was so much fun! I also ran half marathon and didn't walk... oh, I was so sore afterward!

9. What was your biggest failure? I stopped working out after my two races over the summer.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Just a cold a couple of months ago.

11. What was the best thing you bought? Michael's ring.

12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Michael... asking me to marry him.

13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? Tiger Woods

14. Where did most of your money go? Rent, car payments, and buying our townhouse.

15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? My wedding day!

16. What song will always remind you of 2009? David Archuleta's "Crush"

17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
a) happier or sadder? Happier
b) thinner or fatter? slightly thinner
c) richer or poorer? much poorer money-wise, but my life is much richer.

18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Enjoy each moment that life brings.

19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Worry about what other people think.

20. How did you spend Christmas? With my entire family! All of my brothers and sisters, sisters-in-law, and nieces and nephews were at my parent's house. Michael was able to be there too! It was a blast!

21. Did you fall in love in 2009? Sure did!

22. What was your favorite TV program? Biggest Loser.

23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? No.

24. What was the best book you read? Hmm... I don't love to read so there are only a couple. Oh, I read a book my roommate let me borrow. It was so good, as soon as I find out the title I'll edit this post. :)

25. What was your greatest musical discovery? I love the stuff Michael listens to. Radiohead being one of the favorites.

26. What did you want and get? A temple marriage.

27. What did you want and not get? A waxing kit.

28. What was your favorite film of this year? Hannah Montana the Movie.

29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 27 and I went to work then to dinner with friends, to family home evening, then had cake and ice cream.

30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? I am not really sure, I had a great year.

31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Hmm... I don't have much concept of new fashion trends.

32. What kept you sane? G-chat and MSN.

33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Not into that.

34. Who did you miss? My family who live outside of Utah.

35. Who was the best new person you met? Michael's family. They are all great!

36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009. Communication is key!

37. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "I had the time of my life..."

No comments:

Post a Comment