A company I've been interviewing with uses both an IQ and Personality test to size up applicants. Of the two tests, I've been most interested to know how I fared on the IQ test as I don't recall having taken one previously. The test was timed at 12 minutes long and there were a total of 50 questions. If I recall correctly I think I finished answering question #41 as my time expired but the questions seemed to be getting progressively harder which led me to believe I was doing well. A few days after the first interview I asked the interview coordinator if they'd release my scores to me regardless of the outcome of the interview. She responded that she could not so I've been left wondering. Well, this afternoon I had interview #2 and the Vice President of the Department that's hiring told me that I scored very high on the IQ test; in fact, higher than his score! "Well above average" or something along those lines. Even if I tanked today's interview - which I don't think I did - that bit of news made my day. When I got home I shared with Oriah how it's funny that I sometimes get down on myself regarding the career slump I perceive I'm in but in all reality I've got plenty of talent and smarts to do anything. Anyway, I couldn't resist: I looked up an IQ scale to see what it looked like.
Over 140 - Genius or almost genius
120 - 140 - Very superior intelligence
110 - 119 - Superior intelligence
90 - 109 - Average or normal intelligence
80 - 89 - Dullness
70 - 79 - Borderline deficiency in intelligence
Under 70 - Feeble-mindedness
I wonder if I should include this on my resume now? Just kidding. But it was nice feedback, even a compliment, to receive indeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment