I've been labeled at times as possessing "short man's syndrome" or a "Napoleon complex" (a man of less-than-average stature who overcompensates for his lack of height by going for the power grab.) I think there was a day and time when that may have been true...more than likely during the Navy days. It may, or may not, still be true depending on who you talk to. Hard to say, at least for me - can't see the forest for the trees. I can say this though: I think I've seen the real deal over the past two months unfold before my eyes. It has been a pretty wild ride to see different personalities clash and the behavior that manifests itself when perceived power, or control, are at stake.Wednesday, December 15, 2010
Napoleon Complex
I've been labeled at times as possessing "short man's syndrome" or a "Napoleon complex" (a man of less-than-average stature who overcompensates for his lack of height by going for the power grab.) I think there was a day and time when that may have been true...more than likely during the Navy days. It may, or may not, still be true depending on who you talk to. Hard to say, at least for me - can't see the forest for the trees. I can say this though: I think I've seen the real deal over the past two months unfold before my eyes. It has been a pretty wild ride to see different personalities clash and the behavior that manifests itself when perceived power, or control, are at stake.
No comments:
Post a Comment